Allie's into rubber bands now.  She found one in a drawer under my laptop and she keeps trying to open it to get to her rubber band.  I'm pretty sure they aren't a healthy treat...



    I successfully created The Oaks Spa recipe for Artichoke Chili Stuffed Potatoes.  They were actually very good, and I'd make them again.  There are a couple of things I'd do differently next time though.

    For one, I stupidly didn't cut the baked potatoes in half before scooping out the insides, so it was awkward to stuff the finished mixture back into the potato skins.  And that made the finished product not very attractive (see above).  The second choice I'd make is to add some chopped jalapenos.  The diced green chilies were good, but a little bland.  I also think adding corn would really add a whole new dimension.  For those who want it, here's the recipe:

                                                        Artichoke Chili Stuffed Potato
                                                       Serves 6, 180 calories per serving

Ingredients:

    6 Potatoes, Baked
    3 oz Cheddar Cheese
    1/2 C Green Chilies, Chopped
    1/2 C Artichoke Hearts, Chopped Coarsely
    1/4 C Low Cal Sour Cream
    1/4 C Salsa

Preparation:

    1.    Split potatoes in half and remove most of the pulp.  Leave just enough to keep skin intact.
    2.    Set the potato pulp aside.
    3.    Place cheese in Food processor and process to grate.
    4.    Add the potato pulp and process to mix.
    5.    Fold chilies and artichoke hearts into potato mixture and fill the potato skins with it.
    6.    Serve the potatoes topped with sour cream and salsa.

Other assorted toppings are guacamole, chopped olives, chopped scallions, grated chees and chile beans.

In book news, I got a Mom's Choice Gold Seal Award for three of my books.  Including the one I got for the first Pekin Dewlap book, I now have a Mom's Choice Award for all of my books!  That's very heartwarming to me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog