Allie's favorite cardboard.  She adopted this box top several years ago and I had to drag it with me when I moved in 2018.  When Allie first became obsessed with this piece of cardboard, I had to fold it up and put it away whenever my cleaning lady was coming so she wouldn't throw it away.

    I'm very excited to report that the audio book for my second Pekin Dewlap book is complete except for mastering.  My wonderful narrator, Erika Schindele, is already working on Pekin 1, and then she'll move on to Pekin 3.  She does an incredible job, both because she has a wonderful voice and because she has an extensive theater background, so she's great with putting real feeling into her reading.

 


 

  I have an accomplishment to announce.  I've always had an unfortunate cowlick on the back of my head.  I spent super-long minutes every day blow drying my hair against the grain, and then had to use hairspray to lock in my efforts.  Most of the time I got my hair to look okay, but sometimes, no matter how much work I put into it, there was still a divide down the back of my head.  Now the announcement:  After going through all this effort for fifteen or twenty years, my cowlick is gone!!!  I'm serious.  It worked!  No one is more surprised than me...

    So, I haven't cooked anything for a couple of weeks, but I do have a recipe I'm excited to try.  It's for Cilantro Jalapeno Sauce.  I hear from a reliable source that it's so good you can put it on everything.  I have to get a blender before I can make it, though.  I'll report back.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog